THB, the specialist insurance and reinsurance broker, today announces the appointment of Toby Kayll as managing director of the marine division.
Kayll brings more than 20 years of experience to the role and joins from Integro Insurance Brokers where he was head of the marine practice. THB’s marine division was established in 2006 and offers the full spectrum of marine broking services including hull & machinery, liability, cargo and protection & indemnity.
THB chief executive Frank Murphy said: “Toby has an impressive track record and we look forward to his impact in enhancing and strengthening what is a core line of business for THB, and for our parent AmWINS.”
Kayll added: “I’m very much looking forward to realising marine opportunities within both the THB Group and the wider AmWINS family and identifying new business channels in the global marine market.”
Kayll’s more-than 20-year insurance industry career began with the Sedgwick graduate trainee programme. Following the acquisition of Sedgwick by Marsh he joined Lloyd’s as a cargo, fine art and specie underwriter. He later moved back to broking at GC Fac where he became head of cargo, fine art and specie. In 2009 Kayll joined Integro Insurance Brokers as head of the marine practice to establish a recognisable marine presence for Integro within the global marine market. He successfully integrated the acquisition of London Market Insurance Brokers in 2010 and Kite, Warren and Wilson in 2015.
For further information contact:
Haggie Partners (PR)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7562 4444
Mob: +44 (0)7945 926987
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors
1. Photograph of Toby Kayll available upon request.
2. THB Group is a specialist (re)insurance and risk management group, having at its core a Lloyd’s broking business (Thompson Heath & Bond Limited), providing services to clients worldwide.
3. The Group has some 700 staff worldwide.
4. THB is part of AmWINS Group, Inc., a global specialty insurance distributor with some 4,000 employees across more than 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles over $13billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
5. AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
6. For further information on THB, please visit www.thbgroup.com.
7. For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com.