THB, the specialist insurance and reinsurance broker, today confirms the completion of its THB Europe leadership transition.
Joaquim Caria, who has been facilitating a smooth transfer of responsibility to managing director Ricardo Borges since his appointment in August, retires today after more than 40 years in the insurance sector, including 25 years leading THB’s successful Amsterdam-based reinsurance operation which he established alongside friend and colleague Paul Lindeboom, and developed together until Paul’s retirement in July last year.
Frank Murphy, THB CEO, said: “Joaquim is, simply, one of the finest operators I have met in the reinsurance world. Together with Paul, he built an outstanding operation, starting with business in continental Europe and then latterly expanding into Africa. THB is indebted to him for his professionalism and meticulous attention to detail and we all wish him a very happy and well-earned retirement.”
Joaquim Caria added: “Reinsurance has given me a wonderful career and I am proud of the business that Paul and I have grown since 1994 to become the THB Europe of today. Having worked with Ricardo Borges for many years, I know that I leave the team – and our clients – in exceptionally good hands.”
Ricardo Borges said: “Joaquim has been a wonderful mentor, and I am truly grateful to him for his advice and counsel over the years. With the exceptional legacy that Joaquim and Paul leave behind, combined with the huge opportunities presented by being part of the THB Group and wholesale global broking giant AmWINS, this really is an exciting time for the European division.”
For further information contact:
Haggie Partners (PR)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7562 4444
Mob: +44 (0)7950 481795
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors
- THB Group is a specialist (re)insurance and risk management group, having at its core a Lloyd’s broking business (Thompson Heath & Bond Limited), providing services to clients worldwide.
- The Group has some 700 staff worldwide.
- THB is part of AmWINS Group, Inc., a global specialty insurance distributor with over 4,800 employees across some 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles more than $15billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
- AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
- For further information on THB, please visit www.thbgroup.com.
- For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com.