THB, the specialist insurance and reinsurance broker, today announces the appointment of Ko Bertelkamp as operations director of THB Europe, effective immediately. Ko Bertelkamp will be based in Amsterdam and report to Ricardo Borges, managing director, THB Europe.
The appointment follows last month’s announcement of the THB Europe leadership transition, with Ricardo Borges becoming managing director as Paul Lindeboom retires and Joaquim Caria steps down to focus on specific projects for the business.
Ko Bertelkamp joins from Turien & Co and Ansvar Insurance Company and brings 30 years’ experience in the insurance market to THB. He began his career at Ansvar in 1988, serving in a succession of senior roles at the business, before becoming CEO in 2003. He most recently served as joint COO of Ansvar and sister company Turien & Co.
Ricardo Borges said: “THB Europe is embarking on a path of long-term growth, with an entrepreneurial team ready to drive expansion. Our business has gone from strength to strength in recent years. As part of the AmWINS Group, the largest wholesale broker in the United States placing some $14bn in premium, we continue to attract the very best talent in the market, and I am therefore very pleased Ko will be joining us to help fulfil our ambitions.”
Ko Bertelkamp added: “THB is a growing business with great potential in Europe and beyond. I am looking forward to getting to know the team and working with Ricardo to help drive the division’s expansion.”
For further information contact:
Haggie Partners (PR)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7562 4444
Mob: +44 (0)7950 481795
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors
- THB Group is a specialist (re)insurance and risk management group, having at its core a Lloyd’s broking business (Thompson Heath & Bond Limited), providing services to clients worldwide.
- The Group has some 700 staff worldwide.
- THB is part of AmWINS Group, Inc., a global specialty insurance distributor with some 4,000 employees across more than 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles some $14billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
- AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
- For further information on THB, please visit www.thbgroup.com.
- For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com.