THB, the specialist insurance and reinsurance broker, today announces the appointment of Zamira Thurnim as Treaty Director of THB Europe, effective immediately. Zamira will be based in The Netherlands, and will also work extensively in THB’s growing markets throughout Africa. She will report to Ricardo Borges, Managing Director, THB Europe.
Joining from Munich Re’s South African operation, and formerly its offices in Singapore and Germany, Zamira has over 15 years’ experience in treaty underwriting, as well as holding a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in management science. Most recently she held the role of Senior Casualty Treaty Underwriter Sub Saharan Africa.
Ricardo Borges said: “THB Europe is already well known for its Treaty expertise, and we’re making it a strategic objective to grow our business in this area. I’m delighted to welcome Zamira Thurnim in this newly-created role to head the strategy, demonstrating our commitment to Treaty both throughout Europe and in our target African markets.”
Zamira Thurnim added: “I’m excited to be joining THB Europe and very much looking forward to developing its Treaty business. Being Dutch-born I know I will enjoy being based in The Netherlands, and having worked for the last four years in Johannesburg and throughout Africa I will be able to draw on that experience in my development of THB’s African markets.”
This new appointment follows a landmark year for THB Europe with Ricardo Borges succeeding as MD following the retirement of the operation’s founding leaders Joaquim Caria and Paul Lindeboom, and then the appointment of Ko Bertelkamp as COO, bringing 30 years’ insurance experience to the role.
“THB Europe is embarking on a path of long-term growth, with an entrepreneurial team ready to drive expansion” explained Ricardo Borges. “Our business has gone from strength to strength in recent years and as part of the AmWINS Group, the largest wholesale broker in the United States placing some $15bn in premium, we continue to attract the very best talent in the market.”
For further information contact:
Haggie Partners (PR)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7562 4444
Mob: +44 (0)7950 481795
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors
- THB Group is a specialist (re)insurance and risk management group, having at its core a Lloyd’s broking business (Thompson Heath & Bond Limited), providing services to clients worldwide.
- The Group has some 700 staff worldwide.
- THB is part of AmWINS Group, Inc., a global specialty insurance distributor with some 4,000 employees across more than 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles some $15billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
- AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
- For further information on THB, please visit www.thbgroup.com.
- For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com.