THB, the specialist insurance and reinsurance broker, today announces the appointment of Declan Durkan as commercial and placement director, THB UK Risk Solutions, the combined fleet and commercial operation of THB in the UK. Durkan will take up his new role on 2 January 2018.
Reporting to Darren Nightingale, CEO of THB UK Risk Solutions, Durkan will assist with the growth and development of the UK Risk Solutions brand.
Durkan brings 30 years of experience to the role. As managing director, national broking and placement at Arthur J Gallagher UK, he was responsible for the Group’s strategic placement direction overseeing significant EBITDA growth and the completion of several optimisation projects. Prior to that, he held several senior roles at Arthur J Gallagher, JLT and Marsh & Maclennan Companies.
Darren Nightingale said: “Declan is an exceptionally talented and seasoned industry professional, with a great track record of delivering concrete results for the businesses he’s worked for. THB UK Risk Solutions is committed to developing its national broking base, offering partner brokers not only commercial and fleet insurance but solutions in the PI and cyber sectors, specialist transportation risks including marine and aviation, and numerous other areas. Declan and the team will seek to significantly expand our offering and expertise to clients, building upon our existing market leading capabilities and the strength of THB and AmWINS Group. I am very pleased to welcome him to THB and the wider AmWINS family.
For further information contact:
Haggie Partners (PR)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7562 4444
Mob: +44 (0)7950 481795
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors
1. THB Group is a specialist (re)insurance and risk management group, having at its core a Lloyd’s broking business (Thompson Heath & Bond Limited), providing services to clients worldwide.
2. The Group has some 700 staff worldwide.
- THB is part of AmWINS Group, Inc., a global specialty insurance distributor withsome 4,000 employees across more than 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles over $14billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
4. AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
5. For further information on THB, please visit www.thbgroup.com.
6. For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com.