THB Group, the specialist insurance and reinsurance broker which just celebrated its 50th birthday, today announces four senior board appointments.
Kay Smith joins THB as group chief financial officer, taking over from Rob Wilkinson, who transitions to commercial director. Kay has held a number of senior financial positions in the insurance broking sector, most recently at Arthur J. Gallagher in London. Prior to that, she was at Towergate, as well as directing the financial planning and analysis operation of a large fin-tech business.
Frank Murphy, THB Group CEO said: “I am delighted to welcome Kay to THB. Her experience across the sector, in retail and wholesale broking as well as MGA operations, gives her great insights into the challenges and opportunities for our business. I am confident that with her fresh perspective Kay will make a valuable contribution to the development of our firm.”
The THB board has also appointed a new chairman, Malcolm Beane. Malcolm has been a non-executive director with THB for over 2 years and serves as chair of the Audit Committee. Additionally, a new non-executive director, Jane Comerford, joins THB. Jane has some 40 years’ experience in broking, underwriting and MGA operations.
In congratulating all the new appointees, Murphy continued: “We are constantly evolving and developing our business to be focused on the future. These appointments represent an important part of that planning process.
For further information contact:
Haggie Partners (PR)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7562 4444
Mob: +44 (0)7950 481795
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors
- THB Group is a specialist (re)insurance and risk management group, having at its core a Lloyd’s broking business (Thompson Heath & Bond Limited), providing services to clients worldwide.
- The Group has some 700 staff worldwide.
- THB is part of AmWINS Group, Inc., a global specialty insurance distributor with over 4,800 employees across some 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles more than $15billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
- AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
- For further information on THB, please visit www.thbgroup.com.
- For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com.