THB, the specialist insurance and reinsurance broker, today announces new leadership at THB European Division based in Amsterdam.
Paul Lindeboom, co-managing director of the division, will retire as planned from his post on 31 July. Ricardo Borges, director at THB, will transition into the role of managing director of the business, subject to regulatory approval. Joaquim Caria, who has led the division along with Lindeboom since 1994, will step down as executive director but will remain with the division working on special projects and to facilitate a smooth transfer of responsibility to Borges.
Paul Lindeboom started his insurance career in 1979, serving at a number of companies within the Aon group, before moving into reinsurance in 1990. In 1994 he joined PWS International, which became a part of the THB group when THB acquired PWS in 2008.
Ricardo Borges has 19 years of experience in the insurance market, having begun his career at Nationale Nederlanden in 1999. Borges first joined THB in 2005, where he served as a reinsurance broker until 2010. Following a year as executive director at Willis Fac and two years as vice president at GC Fac, Borges returned to THB in 2013, since when he has been a director.
Frank Murphy, THB CEO, said: “Paul’s years of service with THB have been nothing short of exceptional, and I hope he is looking forward to a deserved retirement. He and Joaquim have presided over some market-beating growth for our business, identifying strategic opportunities and leading our long-term expansion. He will be very pleased that, in Ricardo, we have a replacement of such calibre.”
Paul Lindeboom added: “THB Europe is a fantastic business, with tremendous potential for development. I am delighted that it will be led in the next few years by the talented Ricardo and I look forward to seeing where he will take the business.”
Ricardo Borges said: “It is a great pleasure and honour to assume the leadership of THB European Division. Knowing the team, we have plenty of opportunities to continue to grow on the successful path that Paul and Joaquim have charted. With the stable financial backing of THB and AmWINS behind us, I look forward to taking our business to the next level.”
For further information contact:
Haggie Partners (PR)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7562 4444
Mob: +44 (0)7950 481795
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors
- THB Group is a specialist (re)insurance and risk management group, having at its core a Lloyd’s broking business (Thompson Heath & Bond Limited), providing services to clients worldwide.
- The Group has some 700 staff worldwide.
- THB is part of AmWINS Group, Inc., a global specialty insurance distributor with some 4,000 employees across more than 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles some $14billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
- AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
- For further information on THB, please visit www.thbgroup.com.
- For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com.