Canopius today announces four appointments to its recently-established branch, Canopius Australia & Pacific in Sydney, which has also gained binding authority approval from Lloyd’s.
The appointments support Canopius’ ambition to expand in the Asia Pacific region by targeting a combination of SME business via coverholders and wholesale direct and facultative.
Suzanne White has joined Canopius as accident & health underwriter from Woodina Underwriting Agency. She brings almost 20 years of experience to Canopius, having worked for Aon Risk Solutions, ACE and Beazley among others before that.
Jeanene Hill will join the Sydney office on August 6th from Talbot Underwriting Ltd, as head of coverholders and binding authority, Asia Pacific. Previously she worked for Berkley Re, Munich Re and Willis Re and has held both underwriting and broking roles throughout her 30+ year career.
She will be supported by Ann Gi Ho, who has joined as portfolio manager, coverholders and delegated authority from Talbot Underwriting Ltd where she was assistant delegated authorities’ manager. Prior to Talbot, she worked for QBE Syndicate in Singapore.
Subhadra Vasilevski has also joined Canopius as finance, compliance & operations manager. She previously worked for XL Catlin in operations roles since 2006.
Claudio Saita, head of Australia & Pacific, Canopius Group said: “I am very pleased to announce the appointment of these high-calibre, well-respected individuals, whose joining will accelerate Canopius’ expansion across the APAC region. Further appointments will be announced shortly, as we continue to develop our proposition as a committed, technology-enabled and locally empowered carrier.”
– Ends –
For further information please contact:
David Haggie / Richard Adams, Haggie Partners
+44 20 7562 4444
About Canopius AG (“Canopius”)
Canopius is a global specialty (re)insurer with underwriting operations in the UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Bermuda, US, Australia and Singapore. It underwrites through Lloyd’s Syndicate 4444 (managed by Canopius Managing Agents Limited) and a US surplus lines insurer, Canopius US Insurance, Inc. The group offers the following specialist lines:
- Commercial combined for the SME sector
- Direct and facultative commercial property
- Household and specialist property / niche personal lines
- North American excess and surplus lines binding authorities, including commercial property, SME commercial package, casualty, homeowners, auto
Marine, Energy & Engineering
- Marine insurance, including cargo, liability, property, specie, niche hull and space
- Energy insurance, including property, liability, OEE/COW, construction, renewable
- Construction and engineering
- Heavy Industry
- Credit & political risk, including contract frustration and excess of loss trade credit insurance
- Crisis management (war on land, sabotage and terrorism, kidnap and ransom)
- US management and professional lines
- International accident & health
- International medical expenses
- Specialist consumer products including warranty, creditor, mortgage indemnity and accident & health
- Property treaty
- Casualty treaty
- Marine treaty
- Agriculture treaty
For more information, visit www.canopius.com or follow @CanopiusGroup