US-based global broker AmWINS Group, Inc. (“AmWINS”) today announces the launch of an SME division within its London-based managing general agent Unicorn Underwriting (“Unicorn”). As part of the launch, Kevin Hawkins and Richard Ellis have joined as UK SME underwriting director and UK SME pricing director, respectively, effective immediately.
Unicorn will initially offer SMEs commercial combined, retailers, office & surgery and property owners products, alongside the previously available unoccupied residential and commercial property policies. The new SME products are underwritten by AA-rated Travelers Insurance Company Limited.
Hawkins and Ellis have over 30 years of experience in the underwriting and pricing of commercial SME business and join from LV=Broker, where they spent the past 11 years building and managing SME accounts.
Sasa Brcerevic, CEO of Unicorn Underwriting, said: “I am very pleased to welcome two very talented, experienced and skilled leaders to head Unicorn’s new SME division. Having spent many years serving UK SME clients, both have consistent track records in delivering market-beating results.”
Hawkins said: “The SME market is ripe with opportunity for a fresh, client-centric underwriting agency. Unicorn enjoys the support of a strong and stable backer in AmWINS and, with policies underwritten by AA rated Travelers, we have the ideal foundation to offer clients the very best products”.
Ellis said: “Kevin and I have jointly identified a great opportunity in the UK SME insurance market. As part of Unicorn, I am very pleased we’ll be able to offer our broking partners and clients outstanding products and very much looking forward to joining the team”.
For further information contact:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors:
- Unicorn Underwriting Limited is a member company of AmWINS Group Inc.
- AmWINS Group, Inc. is a global specialty insurance distributor with more than 4,200 employees across more than 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles over $14 billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
- AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
- For further information on Unicorn, please visit www.unicornuw.com
- For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com
- For further information on Travelers, please visit http://www.travelers.co.uk