US-based global broker AmWINS Group, Inc. (“AmWINS”) today announces the appointment of Perry Lyons as motor fleet underwriter for its London-based managing general agent Unicorn Underwriting (“Unicorn”).
Lyons brings more than 20 years of experience in underwriting motor fleet and related risks to Unicorn. He joins from XL Catlin where his primary focus was underwriting haulage business, with an emphasis on risk managed programs. Before XL Catlin, Lyons was a motor broker placing wholesale motor business into the London market.
His appointment extends Unicorn’s substantial underwriting expertise and highlights the company’s strong growth since its launch in March 2016.
Julian Cashen, class underwriter at Unicorn, said: “Perry is a highly experienced and extremely well-regarded underwriter whose arrival could not be more timely. Unicorn’s underwriting expertise backed by Berkshire Hathaway capacity is proving a compelling proposition for motor fleet business in a market where mergers and acquisitions have narrowed the field. Perry’s appointment adds to our momentum as we scale the business and further expand our outstanding proposition to clients.”
For further information contact:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7469 0100
Notes to editors:
1. Unicorn Underwriting Limited is a member company of AmWINS Group Inc.
2. AmWINS Group, Inc. is a global specialty insurance distributor with more than 3,900 employees across more than 100 office locations worldwide. AmWINS handles over $13 billion in premium and is ranked the largest wholesale insurance broker in the U.S. by Business Insurance magazine.
3. AmWINS offers expertise across a diversified mix of property and casualty (P&C) and group benefits insurance products, and also provides value-added services to support these products, including product development, underwriting, premium and claims administration and actuarial services.
4. For further information on Unicorn, please visit www.unicornuw.com
5. For further information on AmWINS, please visit www.amwins.com
6. For further information on Berkshire Hathaway International Insurance Limited, please visit www.bhiil.com
For further information on S&P ratings, please visit BHIIL S&P rating reports